Can I just say a huge thanks for an excellent service all round - your guys were incredibly friendly, helpful and efficient and made the move a much more pleasant experience than expected!

Jon, Balham




Ensure you're insured

When moving house there are so many things to remember to do over and above the actual moving process- arranging the movers, sorting out the utilities, packing up - that it’s very easy to forget a few things along the way. But one thing that should be top of your ‘to-do’ list is arranging the necessary insurance for your new property.

What is insurance for?

Put simply, insurance is there to cover loss or damage to any insured items. You pay an insurance company a sum of money (“the premium”) either monthly or annually, and they provide insurance cover for any items specified in the policy. This can be the contents of your home, the building itself and any other items that you choose to seek cover for.

Your monthly or annual premium depends on the amount of risk the insurance company feels they are taking on. So, for example, if you live in an area that has a high level of crime, the insurance company will say that statistically there is a higher risk of you being burgled than someone in an area with lower crime rates. Because of this, your insurance premium will be higher. It’s similar story with buildings insurance – if you are in an area which has, for example, previously been flooded, then you will be considered to be at greater risk of having to make a claim and your insurance will be more expensive as a result.

Is insurance compulsory?

Unlike car insurance, it is not a legal requirement to hold household or building insurance. However, just think about the cost of replacing your home and contents in the event of a fire or other catastrophic event. Is it worth taking that risk?

If you are renting a property, you will generally only need contents insurance for your belongings as your landlord should be responsible for arranging buildings insurance for his property. Additionally, if you live in a block which has a monthly service charge, this charge often covers the cost of buildings insurance for the entire block, meaning you don’t need to buy an individual policy.

It can be easy to forget about your insurance requirements when moving home but the good news is that you can arrange it well in advance of the move, leaving you with one thing less to worry about.



Need Storage?

We can provide short or long term storage in one of our group’s modern clean fire and security alarmed warehouses.

Order now